While 2016 may not have been the banner year for cryptographic exploits that 2015 was, researchers around the world continued to advance the state of the art.
- TLS 1.3 design finalized
- The quest for post-quantum cryptography continues
- New thinking on how to backdoor cryptographic algorithms
- RFC 5114: Another backdoored crypto standard from NIST?
- Cryptographic deniability pops up in the US presidential election
- Attacks only get better
- Out with the old, in with the new: HTTPS still being slowly hardened